Home - Download - Documentation - Development - Acknowledgements - Contact
24-04-15 - TARQUIN version 4.3.6 has been released for Windows, OS X and Linux with the following new features and fixes:
- GUI bug fix where MRI slice changes caused a crash in some cases.
- GUI bug fix for exporting gnuplot pdf fit of MRSI data - numbers now match the spectrum displayed.
- Gnuplot output now sets %CRLBs to >999 where appropriate to avoid unnecessary large numbers and inf inconstancies between platforms.
- Bug fix for x axis direction when using Gnuplot 5.x.
- A pre-fit to optimise phi0 only is now performed before the full fit to improve rare cases where the optimiser gets stuck in a local minimum. Can be enabled/disabled with the --pre_fit_phase option.
- Bug fix for selecting dynamic water scans with the --av_list option.
- Default max initial shift is now 0.1 PPM, since sensible data is very rarely shifted further than this.
- Siemens DICOM fix for explicit sequence lengths.
- Phi0 max/min limits can be specified with the --max_phi0 option.
- Internal basis set for braino phantom now has narrower peaks better suited to typical T2 values seen in solution.
- Bug fix for unit tests.
Please report bugs and suggest new features via the users' group.
TARQUIN is an analysis tool for automatically determining the quantities of molecules present in MR spectroscopy data. The intended purpose of TARQUIN is to aid the characterisation of pathologies, in particular brain tumours, both non-invasively with in-vivo 1H MRS and ex-vivo with 1H HR-MAS. TARQUIN has the following features:
- Free to use and modify under the GPL licence.
- Based on a flexible time-domain fitting routine designed to give accurate rapid and automated quantitation for routine analysis.
- Cross platform, available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Comes packaged with a quantum mechanically based metabolite simulator to allow basis set construction optimised for the investigation of particular pathologies sequence parameters.
- Includes both GUI (see below for screenshot) and command line interface for one-off and batch analyses.
Supported data formats
We recommend that all MRS data is exported from the scanner in the standard DICOM MRS format to ensure compatibility with TARQUIN.
A summary of the data formats that should work with TARQUIN are detailed below.
|Format||Single voxel||2D MRSI||3D MRSI|
|GE P files||Yes||Yes||No|
* under development.