Home - Download - Documentation - Development - Acknowledgements - Contact
10-09-12 - TARQUIN version 4.2.10 has been released for Windows, OS X and Linux with the following new features and fixes:
- A TARQUIN application bundle has been developed for Mac OS X, see the documentation for how to use the command-line version in OS X. Big thanks to Andreas Bartsch, Adrian Garcia and Paul Mullins for testing.
- Basis set shifts and dampings are now exported in the CSV results file.
- Dynamic frequency shifts are now exported in the CSV results file when correction is performed.
- Regression fix where an odd number of dynamic FIDs could not be loaded.
- Regression fix where jmrui txt files could not be loaded.
- Crash fix for k-space zero-filling a non-square acquisition.
- Better error handling for bad CSV basis files.
- DICOM MRS Columns and Rows tags now take precedence over SpectroscopyAcuisitionColumns and SpectroscopyAcuisitionRows.
- Once data has been successfully loaded in the gui, a new data set can not be loaded "over the top". This should prevent some crashes.
- gnuplot_cex command line parameter added. For some reason font sizes are differed between gnuplot 4.4 and 4.6 so this option has been added. A character expansion (cex) of 2 looks good for version 4.6.
- Windows bug fix where some RDA files don't load.
Please report bugs and suggest new features via the users' group.
TARQUIN is an analysis tool for automatically determining the quantities of molecules present in NMR spectroscopic data. The intended purpose of TARQUIN is to aid the characterisation of pathologies, in particular brain tumours, both non-invasively with in-vivo 1H MRS and ex-vivo with 1H HR-MAS. TARQUIN has the following features:
- Free to use and modify under the GPL licence.
- Based on a flexible time-domain fitting routine designed to give accurate rapid and automated quantitation for routine analysis.
- Cross platform, available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Comes packaged with a quantum mechanically based metabolite simulator to allow basis set construction optimised for the investigation of particular pathologies sequence parameters.
- Includes both GUI (see below for screenshot) and command line interface for one-off and batch analyses.
Supported data formats
We recommend that all MRS data is exported from the scanner in the standard DICOM MRS format to ensure compatibility with TARQUIN. Whist other formats may work today, they may not tomorrow, since they are not standardised. Therefore scanner software updates may break compatibility.
A summary of the data formats that should work with TARQUIN are detailed below.
|Format||Single voxel||2D CSI||3D CSI|
|GE P files||Yes||*||No|
* under development.