Home - Download - Documentation - Development - Acknowledgements - Contact
30-09-13 - TARQUIN version 4.3.2 has been released for Windows, OS X and Linux with the following new features and fixes:
- 2D MRSI gui visualisation is much improved:
- New interactive grid display.
- SVS and 2D MRSI VOI's can now be overlayed with MRI. This should work for Philips/Siemens DICOM and Siemens IMA.
- Simple metabolite ratio maps can now be displayed.
- Water removal has been improved for spectra where the water peak is not at 0Hz.
- Eddy current correction is now applied before water removal, this improves the water removal quality in some cases.
- Fitting is now approx. 4x faster.
Please report bugs and suggest new features via the users' group.
TARQUIN is an analysis tool for automatically determining the quantities of molecules present in NMR spectroscopic data. The intended purpose of TARQUIN is to aid the characterisation of pathologies, in particular brain tumours, both non-invasively with in-vivo 1H MRS and ex-vivo with 1H HR-MAS. TARQUIN has the following features:
- Free to use and modify under the GPL licence.
- Based on a flexible time-domain fitting routine designed to give accurate rapid and automated quantitation for routine analysis.
- Cross platform, available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Comes packaged with a quantum mechanically based metabolite simulator to allow basis set construction optimised for the investigation of particular pathologies sequence parameters.
- Includes both GUI (see below for screenshot) and command line interface for one-off and batch analyses.
Supported data formats
We recommend that all MRS data is exported from the scanner in the standard DICOM MRS format to ensure compatibility with TARQUIN. Whist other formats may work today, they may not tomorrow, since they are not standardised. Therefore scanner software updates may break compatibility.
A summary of the data formats that should work with TARQUIN are detailed below.
|Format||Single voxel||2D MRSI||3D MRSI|
|GE P files||Yes||*||No|
* under development.