Home - Download - Documentation - Development - Acknowledgements - Contact
01-08-14 - TARQUIN version 4.3.4 has been released for Windows, OS X and Linux with the following new features and fixes:
- FIDs can be truncated prior to pre-processing to remove unnecessary noisy data points - saving memory and disk space for large MRSI datasets (--trunc_pts).
- Improvement to reduce memory use when exporting large csv fit data files.
- Bug fix where Cit was included in the default basis set for the GUI.
- Bug fix for GE p-files where the offset to data was incorrect for rdb_header_rev 24,20. - Thanks to Felix Raschke for pointing this out.
- Modest SNR improvement for multi-channel GE SVS coil combination (now weighted by water amplitude where available). Thanks to Felix Raschke and Jamie Near for letting me know that this is a better approach than un-weighted combination.
- Improvements to default MRI window level and window width parameters.
- Improvements to SPAR/SDAT SVS and 2D MRSI display on MRI.
- The number of components used in the HSVD water removal can now be specified (--hsvd_comps).
Please report bugs and suggest new features via the users' group.
TARQUIN is an analysis tool for automatically determining the quantities of molecules present in NMR spectroscopic data. The intended purpose of TARQUIN is to aid the characterisation of pathologies, in particular brain tumours, both non-invasively with in-vivo 1H MRS and ex-vivo with 1H HR-MAS. TARQUIN has the following features:
- Free to use and modify under the GPL licence.
- Based on a flexible time-domain fitting routine designed to give accurate rapid and automated quantitation for routine analysis.
- Cross platform, available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Comes packaged with a quantum mechanically based metabolite simulator to allow basis set construction optimised for the investigation of particular pathologies sequence parameters.
- Includes both GUI (see below for screenshot) and command line interface for one-off and batch analyses.
Supported data formats
We recommend that all MRS data is exported from the scanner in the standard DICOM MRS format to ensure compatibility with TARQUIN. Whist other formats may work today, they may not tomorrow, since they are not standardised. Therefore scanner software updates may break compatibility.
A summary of the data formats that should work with TARQUIN are detailed below.
|Format||Single voxel||2D MRSI||3D MRSI|
|GE P files||Yes||*||No|
* under development.