Home - Download - Documentation - Development - Acknowledgements - Contact
08-01-15 - TARQUIN version 4.3.5 has been released for Windows, OS X and Linux with the following new features and fixes:
- Tentative support for DICOM, SPAR/SDAT, IMA and RDA formats for 3D MRSI.
- Dynamics scans can now be filtered prior to averaging by specifying a csv file (--av_list). Useful for fMRS studies.
- Bug fix for GUI where program crashes following fitting.
- Bug fix for GE p-files Rdb reader rev : 14.3 and 16.0 where the offset to data was incorrect by one frame. This caused a crash at the reconstruction stage.
- Internal basis set option for 'braino' phantoms has now been added.
- Correction for chemical shift of Gln spin from 2.19 to 2.109.
- Internal basis set option for 'brain + glth' has now been added - this is the new default basis set because Gly is not present in normal brain in significant levels.
- Added metabolite FWHM linewidth estimate to pdf output for QC purposes.
- Dafult Gnuplot font sizes are now correct for more recent versions of the package.
- Improvements for reading Philips DICOM MRS.
- Bug fix for where dynamic WS scans didn't match W scans.
- Added c/l option to estimate CRLB noise level from the frequency domain (--crlb_td false).
- Added gnuplot pdf export option to the GUI - only tested for Linux and OSX, Windows users will probably need to add gnuplot to the path or specify location with "--gnuplot".
- Bug fix for exporting single voxel (dpt) from an MRSI data set.
- Exporting single voxel water data from an MRSI data set is now possible in the GUI.
- Added GUI options to export single voxel CSV results and fit from an MRSI data set.
- Added a command line option to freq reference to a single specified peak frequency (--ref_freq).
- Improved GUI defaults for displaying MRSI maps and added option to remove grid lines.
Please report bugs and suggest new features via the users' group.
TARQUIN is an analysis tool for automatically determining the quantities of molecules present in NMR spectroscopic data. The intended purpose of TARQUIN is to aid the characterisation of pathologies, in particular brain tumours, both non-invasively with in-vivo 1H MRS and ex-vivo with 1H HR-MAS. TARQUIN has the following features:
- Free to use and modify under the GPL licence.
- Based on a flexible time-domain fitting routine designed to give accurate rapid and automated quantitation for routine analysis.
- Cross platform, available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Comes packaged with a quantum mechanically based metabolite simulator to allow basis set construction optimised for the investigation of particular pathologies sequence parameters.
- Includes both GUI (see below for screenshot) and command line interface for one-off and batch analyses.
Supported data formats
We recommend that all MRS data is exported from the scanner in the standard DICOM MRS format to ensure compatibility with TARQUIN. Whist other formats may work today, they may not tomorrow, since they are not standardised. Therefore scanner software updates may break compatibility.
A summary of the data formats that should work with TARQUIN are detailed below.
|Format||Single voxel||2D MRSI||3D MRSI|
|GE P files||Yes||*||No|
* under development.